Microsoft SQL Azure Reporting allows you to easily build reporting capabilities into your Windows Azure application. The reports can be accessed easily from the Windows Azure Portal, through a web browser, or directly from applications. With the cloud at your service, there’s no need to manage or maintain your own reporting infrastructure.
SQL Azure Reporting provides many of the features you know from SQL Server Reporting 2008 R2 to create reports with tables, charts, maps, gauges, and more and deploy them on both private and public clouds. You can literally take your report anywhere, and scale when and how you need it.
There are many practical uses for SQL Azure Reporting, such as:
Quick-start Business Analytics
Budgets are tight. Individual departments and small businesses need reporting but don’t always have the resources for procuring hardware and software licenses or managing complex infrastructure. With SQL Azure Reporting you can gain rapid time-to-market and minimize risk. You can get up and running in days versus months.
Wouldn’t it be great to pay for only what you use? With SQL Azure Reporting you can effectively handle seasonal or fluctuating business requirements and reporting needs. No need to over-invest in excess IT capacity on premises. Use the capacity you need when you need it to optimize your costs
Businesses need the flexibility to pick the right deployment options to address specific needs; whether it is sharing insights from data generated by internal systems with external partners or maintaining sensitive data on premise. With SQL Azure Reporting you can increase collaboration and share insights with partners while maintaining complete control.
Capabilities and Benefits of Business Analytics
Elastic scale and high availability
- The SQL Azure Reporting scales as your requirements grow with easy self-provisioning.
- The Service has built-in high availability and fault tolerance. SQL Azure Reporting is available across Microsoft Data centers around the world.
- With SQL Azure Reporting, you have the ability to export reports to various popular file formats including Excel, Word, HTML, PDF, XML, CSV, and ATOM feeds.
- The rich authentication and authorization model in SQL Azure Reporting gives secure access to reports and underlying data. It keeps your data secure while offering access to even more users.
Familiar report authoring features
- SQL Azure Reporting offers a consistent report authoring experience providing many of the features you know from SQL Server Reporting Services. Create your reports with tables, charts, maps, gauges, and more using the familiar Business Intelligence Design Studio and SQL Server Data Tools and deploy them on-premises or in the cloud.
Pricing and Metering for Microsoft SQL Azure Reporting
Microsoft SQL Azure Reporting Community Technology Preview (CTP) is available for all SQL Azure subscribers within the Windows Azure Management portal. During the CTP, there is no incremental charge for the service.Next Step