Evolutionary and Revolutionary Paths
- Put traditional enterprise applications into virtual machine containers.
- It’s the primary path if you’ve made significant investments in virtualization and are using traditional enterprise applications.
- With Dell™ Converged Infrastructure from Pathmark, get started turning your existing data center into a single pool of automated resources, perfectly poised for cloud computing.
The revolutionary path is platform based and application oriented. Scalability and redundancy are built-in:
- Focus on new application development models — where developers write applications to a platform. As the needs of the application grow or shrink, the platform automatically manages the required changes.
- It’s the primary path for greenfield opportunities to start with cloud-native applications developed in the cloud and designed to be deployed in the cloud.
Both Paths Are Equally Valid
Some applications are better suited for the evolutionary model while others are ideal candidates for the revolutionary model. You may have both paths to the cloud already in place. So pick your path — or both paths. Whether you’re on an evolutionary or a revolutionary path, or both, Pathmark and Dell are ideally positioned to help you on your journey to the cloud.
Complementary Computing Models
Cloud computing has tremendous momentum, but it won’t eradicate other computing models. In most companies, private, public and hybrid cloud computing models will live comfortably alongside today’s IT virtualization model and the conventional IT model.
Pathmark can help you define a sensible cloud strategy. Let’s talk about which path to cloud computing is right for you. Take the first step and contact us.